The Summer vacation is here! This is the time for you and your family to grab your summer bucket list and start making new memories. We are thrilled to start marking off some of the fun things to do and see in DFW and beyond. My family and I can't wait hit the trail.
Click on the Bucket List image above for a link to a printable pdf. A special "Thank You" to @Mozdeb for the image designs.
I encourage you to go ahead and print out your families Summer Bucket List NOW!
1. This is a great time to take a drive outside the city limits for a little breather. With all that is going on in our city , let's clear our minds and get the kids out to have some fun. Take the ride to Terrell and visit Ham Orchards. I checked the website and the blackberries are down for the season , but you will want to go for the peach ice cream and BBQ sandwiches. I have had some friends visit here and they really like taking the family out here. I really trust the experience that they had with there own families. Have a blast and take a break from Dallas just for one day! *closed Sunday
Dallas Farmers Market!
1. If you want to stay in town this weekend, check out the Dallas Farmers Market downtown. I've seen all the new changes that has happen to this market and you will love it to. The vendors are all great and the food choices are equally amazing. You will want to eat some tacos and indulge in some macaroons. This Farmers Market has it all and you will like too. I really like to go and grab fresh veggies to make homemade pizza for lunch/ or dinner that evening. Fresh and locally sourced veggies is always great!
Ft. Worth Stock Yards
1. Did you know that this Saturday is the National Day of the American Cowboys. This is a festival you will want to take the cowboy or cowgirl in your family to go see. There will be lots of fun activities for the kids like, cow milking, hay staking , watermelon eating contest and seed spitting. The list sure does go on. This is a great time to be out the Ft. Worth Stockyards and learn about the history of the American Cowboy. I challenge you to go dressed in your cowboy hats and boots. I promise you will not stick out in Ft. Worth with your awesome gear! Take loads of photos and continue to have that Texas pride. Don't Mess with Texas.
First Aid kit for your car! On our recent trip to Austin my baby girl injured her hand on a hot surface while we were playing mini golf. We were so sad about the whole situation because it really caused her to have pain, As parents we really want to take on the pain our children go through. I remembered that we always carry a First Aid kit in our car all the time. It's something that we carry no matter if we are driving down the street for milk or on a long road trip.
My husband is very aware that safety is most important to our family and I want to express that to yours. Having a First Aid kit in your car is something most people don't think about, but is important. Accidents happen all the time and its great to feel less stressful when you are prepared. I really want this post to help someone out today and feel inspired to get a kit started. We need to look out for each other and help out when we can. Take some of my ideas and tweak them if needed!
-Band Aid - Pain Killer cream - Antibacterial cream - Scissors - Gauze - Candy - Hand Sanitize - Gloves - Flashlight - Pain Medicine - A carry case - Paper Tape - Water proof tape -Burn Gel - Alcohol Pads- Women Hygiene
I really hope that your able to use this list and it will help you with a First Aid Kit!
You can also find kits at Target and Walmart and they already have a start to what you need!
I had the most wonderful time at the VIP party for the gran opening of Gigi's Cupcakes in Southlake,TX.
This was my first time eating the infamous cupcakes here and I couldn't get enough of them. They are super moist and of course delicious.
Gigi the founder was at the Grand celebration and she had a smile on her face the entire time. She gave us an overview of the cupcakes and the stories behind them and why the cupcakes are special to her.
When you go please get the wedding cupcake, its super cute. The name was chosen because women who would come in the store said it looked like a wedding cake. It has white mini pearls sprinkled all over the frosting. What more could you ask for, just pure simplicity and beauty.
The frosting is the highlight of Gigi's cupcakes. She is known for the signature swirl. It's layered 3 swirls high. It is a generous amount frosting. I really like that about the cupcake. My husband thinks its a Lil bit much, but what do men know about a cupcakes.
We had the pleasure to learn from Gigi how she makes that swirl on the cupcake. It looks easy, but when she handed me the pastry bag I froze. But i regained confidence and i did it. The next picture shows what my friend Melissa and I accomplished.
Gigi's cupcakes prides themselves on always fresh ingredients and fruits and nuts that are used in some of the cupcakes. It was a great to see the baking area and see all the fresh ingredients that she uses in store.
I invited my good friend to go with me and she was very knowledgeable of the cupcakes. She confess that she is a loyal customer and is in the store often. I am thankful to her for taking picture for me and sharing in the moment with me. She is awesome and my cupcake PH.D girl.
I have always wanted to be that mom that went on camping trips and wanted everyone to wear matching shirts! I wanted to be able to know where my kids were all the time. I remember going on trips with my family all the time in the summer. We would get the car packed to the roof, snacks, game boys, and our family reunion shirts too. Family reunions in South Carolina has been a tradition in our family for years and we continue to have them. Now that grand kids have grown up and moved away I have missed seeing my cousins a regular basis. What i always remember is that we always felt united with our shirts and the love we have for one another. So when CustomInk provided my family with an opportunity to have Custom shirts done for my family I was beyond excited.
There is something about carrying over traditions to my own family that I love. I really want my children to feel appreciative of the fun that we want them to experience in this life. This world we live in offers endless possibilities to be out in nature, and see what god has created.
My kids really like camping and we do too. Just before we bought our camper off Craigslist in Wichita Falls. We used to camp in tents for most of our marriage. It was something new to me to camp outdoors. But I wanted to try new adventures with my husband and we did it. We have used tents that would fit 8 people to allow for space and to feel comfortable. We have used the tents with the boys and they always had a blast sleeping outside. Then one day we were thinking out loud and said to ourselves, " It's time to upgrade to a pop up camper". Best decision ever in our opinion.
Now that we own a camper I wanted custom shirts that would both have a camper and our families name. Then the idea came that we have the phrase "Happy Camper" put on the shirts! I had a design in mind and the process to achieve the look online was simple. It didn't take long at all. The steps were very easy from picking out text design, color and design. Working on the website was fun because it was many ideas to choose. I can't wait to work on another family trip t-shirt soon. Y'all go ahead and check outCustomInk to get your custom designed shirts and go out and make memories with your family.
Thank You CustomInk for providing these amazing shirts to us.
1. Y'all when we first moved to Dallas this was the first firework show we attended for the 4th! Kaboom Town is rated one of the top 10 shows in the country! That holds true because the city of Addison really know how to put on a show. There will be loads of kid friendly activities happening around the park. Also keep your eyes up to the sky to see some vintage planes fly over head! The Dallas Wind Symphony will be there also putting on a great music assemble. Come out and have a blast! The Addison Circle Park opens at 4pm.
Independance Day Celebration, Farmers Branch, TX
1. You will want to check out the low level firework show in Farmers Branch Historical Park. The city of Farmers Branch has an amazing historical Park where the kids can see how life use to be back in the days! The park will open at 6pm with lots of festival food, kid zone and a high energy band accompanying the firework show! follow the link for parking! * bring your lawn chairs/ blankets
Stars and Stripes Celebration, Southlake.TX
1. Looking for an event that will have outdoor shopping, restaurants/food trucks, live music and a great firework show. You will like the Star and Stripes show in Southlake. This is great family fun event that everyone in the family can enjoy. I recommend you get there early to get a great spot and have runners to get food etc. This town square has a lot of food choices so you wont be disappointed! *Follow the link for parking options
Monday July 4th
Independence Day Celebration, Irving.TX
1. Start off the day with a morning Parade in Downtown Irving Heritage District! This a great community event that has tradition! The parade will showcase the cities many organization around the town!
2. In the evening you can take the family to Lake Carolyn for an amazing firework show! There will be food trucks onsite and great kid zone! Come out at 6pm to get the party started.
Fireworks Extravaganza, Grapevine Lake.TX
1. The city of Grapevine will have fireworks over at Oak Groove Park. This a lake front park with lots of chances to come out and bring a grill and have a family day at the lake! come ready to take a swim in the lake to cool off from the heat!