Summer Movie Series!! Every Tuesday this Summer!
Beat the HEAT at these 3 locations in the DFW Metroplex!
Look Cinema- Dallas,TX
They have a great line up movies going this summer! Every Tuesday at 10am. I really like that they offer $4 kids buckets. This included popcorn, candy and a drink. Great price for the summer movie series. My kids really like the seats here at look cinema. The seats recline all the way back into a comfy 'bed'. The kids couldn't get enough of pressing the recline button. just FYI.
Studio Movie Grill- Multiple locations in DFW
1. This theater also has a great line up as well. You will find yummy treats here to beat the heat. I say go ahead and grab a slush drink and popcorn. For the price of a Dollar ticket its okay to splurge on that popcorn bucket! refills for the WIN here! Follow the link for the movie lineups.
Moviehouse- Flower Mound
1. This Cinema is new to the Flower Mound area and will be here to stay! We have yet to try this place out but it look promising. In a great location with shops and dining as well. The only thing I don't like is the movie showing time. The time is at 9 am on Tuesdays. If you are able to roll out of bed early enough, this place is for you. Great line up as well.
TopGolf Kid Tournament,
Date: Saturday, July 23, 2016
Time: Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. Tournament begins at 8 a.m.
Cost: Entry fee $35 per child
Entry Fee Includes: Tournament T-shirt, Topgolf game play and prizes for each age group
Age Groups: 6-9 years old, 10-13 years old and 14-17 years old
Saturday July 16th
HAM Orchards- Terrell, TX
1. This is a great time to take a drive outside the city limits for a little breather. With all that is going on in our city , let's clear our minds and get the kids out to have some fun. Take the ride to Terrell and visit Ham Orchards. I checked the website and the blackberries are down for the season , but you will want to go for the peach ice cream and BBQ sandwiches. I have had some friends visit here and they really like taking the family out here. I really trust the experience that they had with there own families. Have a blast and take a break from Dallas just for one day! *closed Sunday
Dallas Farmers Market!
1. If you want to stay in town this weekend, check out the Dallas Farmers Market downtown. I've seen all the new changes that has happen to this market and you will love it to. The vendors are all great and the food choices are equally amazing. You will want to eat some tacos and indulge in some macaroons. This Farmers Market has it all and you will like too. I really like to go and grab fresh veggies to make homemade pizza for lunch/ or dinner that evening. Fresh and locally sourced veggies is always great!
Ft. Worth Stock Yards
1. Did you know that this Saturday is the National Day of the American Cowboys. This is a festival you will want to take the cowboy or cowgirl in your family to go see. There will be lots of fun activities for the kids like, cow milking, hay staking , watermelon eating contest and seed spitting. The list sure does go on. This is a great time to be out the Ft. Worth Stockyards and learn about the history of the American Cowboy. I challenge you to go dressed in your cowboy hats and boots. I promise you will not stick out in Ft. Worth with your awesome gear! Take loads of photos and continue to have that Texas pride. Don't Mess with Texas.
- have fun
lets be social
First Aid kit for your car!
On our recent trip to Austin my baby girl injured her hand on a hot surface while we were playing mini golf. We were so sad about the whole situation because it really caused her to have pain, As parents we really want to take on the pain our children go through. I remembered that we always carry a First Aid kit in our car all the time. It's something that we carry no matter if we are driving down the street for milk or on a long road trip.
-Band Aid - Pain Killer cream - Antibacterial cream - Scissors - Gauze - Candy - Hand Sanitize - Gloves - Flashlight - Pain Medicine - A carry case - Paper Tape - Water proof tape -Burn Gel - Alcohol Pads- Women Hygiene
I really hope that your able to use this list and it will help you with a First Aid Kit!
You can also find kits at Target and Walmart and they already have a start to what you need!
I had the most wonderful time at the VIP party for the gran opening of Gigi's Cupcakes in Southlake,TX.
This was my first time eating the infamous cupcakes here and I couldn't get enough of them. They are super moist and of course delicious.
Gigi the founder was at the Grand celebration and she had a smile on her face the entire time. She gave us an overview of the cupcakes and the stories behind them and why the cupcakes are special to her.
When you go please get the wedding cupcake, its super cute. The name was chosen because women who would come in the store said it looked like a wedding cake. It has white mini pearls sprinkled all over the frosting. What more could you ask for, just pure simplicity and beauty.
The frosting is the highlight of Gigi's cupcakes. She is known for the signature swirl. It's layered 3 swirls high. It is a generous amount frosting. I really like that about the cupcake. My husband thinks its a Lil bit much, but what do men know about a cupcakes.
We had the pleasure to learn from Gigi how she makes that swirl on the cupcake. It looks easy, but when she handed me the pastry bag I froze. But i regained confidence and i did it. The next picture shows what my friend Melissa and I accomplished.
Gigi's cupcakes prides themselves on always fresh ingredients and fruits and nuts that are used in some of the cupcakes. It was a great to see the baking area and see all the fresh ingredients that she uses in store.
I invited my good friend to go with me and she was very knowledgeable of the cupcakes. She confess that she is a loyal customer and is in the store often. I am thankful to her for taking picture for me and sharing in the moment with me. She is awesome and my cupcake PH.D girl.
- Have fun
Let's be Social
Mckinney Falls State Parks!
I have always wanted to be that mom that went on camping trips and wanted everyone to wear matching shirts! I wanted to be able to know where my kids were all the time. I remember going on trips with my family all the time in the summer. We would get the car packed to the roof, snacks, game boys, and our family reunion shirts too. Family reunions in South Carolina has been a tradition in our family for years and we continue to have them. Now that grand kids have grown up and moved away I have missed seeing my cousins a regular basis. What i always remember is that we always felt united with our shirts and the love we have for one another. So when CustomInk provided my family with an opportunity to have Custom shirts done for my family I was beyond excited.
There is something about carrying over traditions to my own family that I love. I really want my children to feel appreciative of the fun that we want them to experience in this life. This world we live in offers endless possibilities to be out in nature, and see what god has created.
My kids really like camping and we do too. Just before we bought our camper off Craigslist in Wichita Falls. We used to camp in tents for most of our marriage. It was something new to me to camp outdoors. But I wanted to try new adventures with my husband and we did it. We have used tents that would fit 8 people to allow for space and to feel comfortable. We have used the tents with the boys and they always had a blast sleeping outside. Then one day we were thinking out loud and said to ourselves, " It's time to upgrade to a pop up camper". Best decision ever in our opinion.
Thank You CustomInk for providing these amazing shirts to us.
Let's be SOCIAL
Let's be SOCIAL