Fall is in the air and this weather is getting better and better. The pumpkin spice smells are filling the city air. I recommend enjoying the nice weather with the family and taking a stroll down some fun neighborhoods in Dallas.
*This is a simple itinerary for you to explore a neighborhood nestled in the city we call Dallas!
Dallas / Knox Ave.
1. Take the kids and go down to Knox Avenue in Dallas. This is a nice place to walk around the neighborhood. Check out the fun and quirky stores that line the street, like Pottery Barn and Froggie's 5 & 10. The Apple Store would be a fun stop to check out the hype surrounding the new iPhone 6. Let the kids gather around the kids table to play the free apps that are available on the sleek tablets.
2. After a nice stroll down Knox Avenue you will not be able to resist grabbing something to eat. You will find many great choices, but I recommend going to Toulouse Cafe. This cafe serves my favorite obsessions, which are beignets! The brunch menu is fabulous and has many delicious options. Sitting out on the patio is ideal for people watching and taking in the breeze.
3. After your meal, take a walk with the family along the Katy Trail that is adjacent to the cafe. This trail will have joggers, bike riders, and walkers. This is a very well kept trail and the scenery is always breathtaking.
Find us on Facebook and Twitter at in_dfw
Fall is here and all we can think about is getting outdoors and having a fun time with family and friends! This weekend, invite a family to join in on the fun and share laughter, memories and of course the adventure!
1. What kid does not like to ride the trains. This weekend take the kiddos on the DART/GoPass and ride the red line to the Dallas Zoo. The DART and Dallas Zoo partnered together for a combo deal on ticket fare and admission into the zoo. Download the Go Pass app on your smartphone Apple, Android and look under special events. The discount including fare and adult admission will be $13, $10.50 for ages 5-14 and $8 for ages 3-4. The zoo will be hosting a science day with collaboration from the Perot and Dallas Arboretum. With interactive learning, crafts, and games. This is a fun event and riding the train is by far fun in itself.
2. In the evening take your family and friends and enjoy family style eating at Babe's Chicken. This is a family-friendly establishment with a lot of flare. The hostess will invite the kids up to dance to the hokey pokey. What a fun way to see the kids let loose and laugh. Babe's Chicken has several locations to choose from. I recommend going to the location in Carrollton because the outdoor patio is very nice and inviting. Bring the camera and take pictures with your family and friends.
1. Fall is here and the weather is cooling down. Take advantage and go to the Coyote Drive-In and watch a double feature for the price of one ticket. The drive-in has a huge concession patio serving up pizza, burgers, and the traditional classics. The movies that's premiering is the Box Trolls and Dolphin Tale 2. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs for a family night and get cozy for the double feature.
Yay for cooler weather in the DFW metroplex! Enjoy the cooler temperatures and take the family out for another adventure in a new city and embrace some culture.
Ft. Worth, TX
1. Take the whole family out to Ft. Worth for the open practice of the Dallas Stars hockey team. This event starts on Friday and goes on till Sunday! Friday at 3pm is when the Stars Cowtown Kickoff begins. The kickoff will have fun and games for the kids and live music! This event is family friendly and just a great experience to watch the Dallas Stars kickoff the new 2014-15 season!
*follow the link for scheduled times.
*bring a sweater/small blanket because it gets cold in the arena.
2. This event will be downtown Ft. Worth so take advantage of the Sundance Square. The square has lots of eateries to choose from and great shopping as well.
1. Irving Main Street Event is this weekend. This is a great opportunity to see how the city of Irving is growing and to be a part of the fun things happening downtown. Main Street will be filled with food vendors, carnival rides, kid crafts, games and of course the free pony rides. There will also be live music that everyone will enjoy.
2. Go out and support the small businesses of downtown Irving. The Big State Fountain and Grill has been revamped to a new look. This diner offers great hamburgers and shakes and will take you back in time.
We received some thumbs up on our Facebook page at indfw for more bonus events this weekend! Here they are!
1. Let's get out the English-German dictionary for this weekend in Addison. The city is hosting the ADDISON OKTOBERFEST 2014! This fest will have everything from a yodeling contest, German spelling bee, midway rides and a Kid Zone. Be prepared to have a blast!
* Thursday night only - FREE admission from 6pm -11pm all ages.
2. Head south to the Deep Ellum Outdoor Market. This is the chance to go explore one of South Dallas' hidden gems. The market will host vendors selling crafts, soaps and anything that interest you.
Go eat some yummy burgers at Twisted Root in Deep Ellum and sit on the rooftop patio! The kids will love it.
Like us on Facebook/indfw
FT. Worth was fun last weekend. This itinerary will take the family either north or west so pack a bag full of snacks and take another journey outside of Dallas and hang out in Celina and Grapevine.
1. Yes this is another balloon festival. If you missed the one in Highland Village it is OK because the city of Celina is hosting the Balloon Festival! This festival has it all, carnival rides, food, zip line rides and live music. This event has a $5 charge and kids under 5 get in free.
1. YAY for the fabulous city of Grapevine. This is the 28th Annual Grape Fest. This festival will have a carnival and midway games, multiple kid zones, funnel cakes, and of course grapes. This will be a cool weekend get out and enjoy the festivals.
2. Walk up and down the main street and peek inside some of the fun and quirky boutiques. This will be a weekend to be immersed in a new city and take in the vibes and cultures of somewhere new!
Whoop Whoop, Labor Day weekend has come and gone but we still can have a spectacular weekend. This weekend is jammed pack with great adventures in the West side of the Metro area. DFW has a lot to offer.
1. The city of Southlake is hosting the Northeast Tarrant County Kiwanis 11th Annual Butterfly Festival. The whole family will enjoy the experience of being inside a 600 sq ft tent filled with the majestic butterfly's.
*there is a fee for admission for adult and child. Kids under 3 are free.
2. The Butterfly event will be held in the Southlake Town Square. For Lunch/Dinner, I would recommend going to the Corner Bakery for great sandwiches or salads. Go for some Tex-Mex at Mi Cocina where the taco's are very delicious. For a yummy dessert grab a slice of cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. The list is long to choose from, but there will never be a wrong choice.
1. Explore the Ft. Worth scene this Saturday. The Riverside Arts District will be having a great outdoor event with live music, pop up art galleries, outdoor markets and more. One of the food vendor highlights will be the burgers from Greasy Bend Burgers.
2. After the RAD experience, you will want to try out MELT Ice Creams in Ft. Worth. This Creamery is a bright yellow brick building dishing out the most creative mixes of Ice Cream.
3. Star Party at the Ft. Worth Museum of Science and History. This is a great opportunity to gaze out in the night sky and look at the stars and planets.