Wanna try something NEW this Halloween? Skip the neighborhood trick or treating and head over to some events that will BLOW you away!!
1. Thursday is for Decks in the Park! You may ask what is this? Top Dj's from around Dallas will be spinning Electronic, House and Reggae beats at Klyde Warren Park. You will not want to miss this fun time. So, come shake your tail feathers because this week's installment of the summer series is the last of 2014, but they will return next year!
*Food Trucks will line the streets with amazing choices!
*Bring your blankets and relax, or hit that stage and break dance!
2. Yay for fun at the Spiral Diner Oakcliff location this Friday! Come dressed in a costume and enjoy a costume contest, good eats and vegan friendly candy!! We love Spiral Diner!
1. This Friday night take the whole family dressed in costume and go to the FT. Worth Stockyards 6-8pm. Main street will be Treat Street, shops will be handing out candy, pumpkin decorating contest, games and of course candy!! An awesome twist on a fun event!
*Chipotle will be giving away $3 Dollar Burritos Friday 5pm-close, for those that come in a Halloween costume! Enjoy it.
*IHOP will be giving out scarey face pancakes to the kiddos now thru Friday 31st!
This is the event that my family has been waiting for all year long and I can't wait to share it with you. Its not the State Fair. Get ready for the coolest, fastest, family-friendly adventure!
1. Grab your ear plugs, wagons, camp chairs and binoculars and head over to the Alliance Air Show at the Alliance Airport in Ft. Worth. This is an event that you should mark on your calendar for next year and the year after because every family member will enjoy the show. The highlight of this year's show will be the United State Air Force Thunderbirds. In addition, there will be many other performers in the air and static displays on the runway to enjoy. Be prepared to walk because the static displays (featuring military and private aircraft) will be spread along the airport. There will be something for everyone to enjoy.
*Admission is FREE, but parking will be $30 dollars. Buy tickets in advanced online for a $5 dollar discount.
*I recommend bringing ear plugs for the little's.
1. This weekend is all about being outdoors in FT. Worth. So take the family and go down to West 7th street in downtown Ft. Worth. This is a thriving neighborhood with great family entertainment. The Kids will enjoy going to the Movie Tavern to check out some flicks like The Book of Life or Alexander and the terrible. For some good eats, Thirteen Pies has great artisan pizza, or if you are feeling adventurous grab a bite at Terra Mediterranean.
follow us on facebook and twitter at in_dfw
Leave comments on your families adventures!
Festival! Festival! Festival !
Get ready to be apart of the DFW metro-plex community. With two festivals that will cater to both the meat and the vegetarian eaters! Both festivals are all day events. So, have fun and lets eat.
1. Ride the DART to the Las Colinas Urban Center Station. This location is near Lake Carolyn where the Chipotle's Cultivate Festival will take over the park. This event will have live music, food demonstrations and a FUN kids zone. The festival has only been in select major cities across the US, so it will be great to have the festival here in Irving.
1. Calling all my vegans and vegetarians!! Whoop Whoop, it's your time to shine this weekend. The Texas Veggie Fair will be at the Reverchon Park in Dallas. The festival will have live food demonstrations, live music and of course a kid zone. Don't forget the many food vendors for you to sample many food options. Get out this weekend and be apart of the ever growing vegan/vegetarian community.
find us on Facebook and Twitter.
Learning and being around new cultures has always been a great activity to do as a family.
This weekend's itinerary will have your family venture out to eat and embrace the Latin culture.
1. Did you know that Target has an ongoing second Saturday event!! It is held at the Latino Cultural Center in Dallas and this will be a great opportunity for the family to be apart of another cultural experience and see what they can learn. This weekend, the center will have a Halloween themed day complete with crafts, games, and a play. Take this time to be apart of something different.
2. After a fun day at the Latino Cultural Center the family will be hungry for a great meal. Head over to il Cane Rosso for some authentic Neapolitan pizza. I recommended going to the Deep Ellum location, since it only is 3 minutes away from the Cultural Center.
1. I only have 2 words to say. Guava pastry. The Cuban International Bakery serves up the best Cuban sandwiches in Dallas, and of course the delicious guava pastry is killer. You ask, "What is guava?" and I will say run to this bakery and you will wonder why you haven't discovered this delicious fruit yet.
* This is a small bakery on the inside, so the space will be cozy.